Practical Handgun - LEVEL 1
The Practical Handgun 1 Course is designed to introduce the shooter to sound basic skills or for those who want to invest their time and focus on enhancing their already existing skill sets. Shooters are drawn through the skills needed to safely deploy and use a handgun. Topics start with mechanical operation, care and maintenance, basic shooting fundamentals such as grip, stance and trigger control. Within a short time students will be introduced to drawing from a holster, proper weapons manipulation, malfunction techniques, reloading and much more. Students will also get the opportunity to receive their Holster Certification from this course.
Students are required to have a valid R/PAL. Being an introductory handgun course, the only prerequisites are to possess safe weapon handling skills and arrive with a willingness to learn.
- Hearing protection (mandatory);
- Wrap around eye protection (mandatory);
- Comfortable sturdy boots with good traction (open toed shoes & sandals are not authorized);
- Clothing appropriate for the climate & conditions;
- Rain gear readily available;
- Ball hat;
- Hydration system or water bottle;
- Sunscreen and insect repellent; and
This is a 1 day course commencing at 8:00 am and concluding at 5:00 pm. Students are requested to be at the WGT Consulting classroom by 7:30 am the first day. A course instructor will meet you at the entrance to the building and escort you to the classroom.
- Serviceable semi-automatic pistol;
- Weapons maintenance and cleaning kit;
- Serviceable strong side hip mounted, drop leg or belt mounted holster;
- Minimum of 5 serviceable magazines;
- Minimum of 500 rounds of ammunition;
- Sturdy belt (if using belt holster and magazine pouches); and
- Belt magazine carriers / chest rig / Plate carrier.
Course cost: $350.00 + HST. Lunch is included in the course fees.
We try to limit classes to 12 students to ensure more one-on-one time is given to the students therefore bookings are on a first come first serve basis. In order to confirm your spot, full payment for the course must be made upon booking. In the unfortunate event that you have to cancel, we require notification of cancellation 72 hours prior to the course start date. Any refund will be subject to a $75.00 cancellation cost and the remaining payment will be refunded if notification of the cancellation is given within the specified time.
Any equipment the student does not have must be communicated to us during registration. Weapon and equipment rentals are available. Please contact for more details.
Students will receive both feedback on their progress and a course certificate will be awarded upon successful completion of the course qualification shoot at the end of the day.
WGT Consulting reserves the right to cancel any course offered due to severe weather or unforeseen circumstances. If this happens, all students will receive a full refund or a credit applied to another class.
WGT Consulting and its instructors retain the right to deny instruction to any applicant without verbal or written notification of the reason for the denial. Denied applicants will receive notification of the denial and their tuition reimbursement in full.