Ladies Practical Carbine
This is a course designed to provide new and experienced shooters with the knowledge, skills and attitude necessary for utilizing a carbine safely. Students are drawn through the skills needed to safely deploy and use an AR platform based carbine. Students will leave the class with an increased level of skill and confidence to progress into higher level training. Topics start with mechanical operation, care and maintenance, basic shooting fundamentals such as grip, stance and trigger control. Within a short time students will be introduced to proper weapons manipulation, malfunction techniques, reloading and much more.
There are no prerequisites for taking this course.
Students will receive feedback on their progress throughout the course. A course certificate will be awarded upon successful completion of the course qualification shoot at the end of the second day.
- Hearing protection (mandatory);
- Wrap around eye protection (mandatory);
- Closed footwear shoes or boots (open toed shoes and sandals are not authorized);
- Clothing appropriate for the climate and conditions (shorts are not acceptable range attire);
- Rain gear readily available (recommended);
- Hydration system or water bottle (recommended);
- Ball hat or brimmed hat (optional);
- Sunscreen and insect repellent (optional);
- Lunch; and
This is a 2 day course commencing at 9:00 am and concluding at 6:00 pm daily.
- Serviceable AR platform based carbine with an optic and/or iron sights;
- Handgun (optional, ensure that you bring magazines);
- One or two point sling;
- Weapons maintenance and cleaning kit;
- Serviceable strong side hip mounted, drop leg or belt mounted holster (if bringing handgun)
- Minimum of 5 serviceable magazines;
- Minimum of 700 to 800 rounds of ammunition;
- Sturdy belt with magazine carriers (if using belt holster and belt magazine carriers); or
- Molle padded belt, chest rig or plate carrier with magazine pouches.
Course cost: $310.00 + HST.
We try to limit courses to 12 students therefore bookings are on a first come first serve basis. In order to confirm your spot, full payment for the course must be made upon booking. We understand that people have busy lives and sometimes need to re-schedule. Therefore students who cancel or re-schedule a minimum of 72 hours prior to the start of a course will have a choice of either receiving a full refund or having a credit applied towards a future course. Students who cancel less than 72 hours prior to the start of the course will see a cancellation fee of $75.00 being taken from their course payment and the remainder of the funds will be refunded. Students who are no shows will not be refunded.
WGT Consulting reserves the right to cancel any course offered due to unforeseen circumstances. If this happens, all students will receive a full refund or a credit applied to another class.
WGT Consulting and its instructors retain the right to deny instruction to any applicant without verbal or written notification of the reason for the denial. Denied applicants will receive notification of the denial and their tuition reimbursement in full.
If you do not have a firearm or equipment and you want to take a course, we do have a limited amount of firearms and equipment that are available for rent. Students, who wish to rent a firearm and/or equipment for the course, please contact us as soon as possible.
We carry .223 FMJ and 9mm ammunition in our Pro Shop that is available for purchase. Students wishing to purchase ammunition for the course, please contact us.