Advanced Carbine 1
Part one in our advanced carbine series, it moves from the fundamental operation of the weapon to advanced shooting techniques. The objective of this course is to increase the existing individual skills of each student in quick action shooting marksmanship. Students will be introduced to new concepts and skills designed to increase speed, efficiency and accuracy while maintaining situational awareness in a controlled stress environment. This course will teach the student operational safety, situational awareness, carbine manipulation, ammunition management, target identification, malfunctions, single and multiple target engagements, gear set-up, a refresher on Advanced Handgun marksmanship fundamentals and much more.
Students attending this course will have completed Dynamic Carbine, Advanced Handgun 1 and 2 or similar courses given by an accredited instructor from another reputable training company within one year of registering for this course.
Students who have not received formal training but who have extensive handgun and carbine experience must contact us before registering for this course.
Students will receive feedback on their progress throughout the course. A course certificate will be awarded upon successful completion of the course qualification shoot at the end of the second day.
- Hearing protection (mandatory);
- Wrap around eye protection (mandatory);
- Closed footwear shoes or boots (open toed shoes and sandals are not authorized);
- Clothing appropriate for the climate and conditions (shorts are not acceptable range attire);
- Rain gear readily available (recommended);
- Hydration system or water bottle (recommended);
- Ball hat or brimmed hat (optional);
- Sunscreen and insect repellent (optional);
- Lunch; and
This is a 2 day course commencing at 9:00 am and concluding at 6:00 pm daily.
- Serviceable AR platform based carbine with an optic and/or iron sights;
- Serviceable semi-automatic handgun;
- Serviceable strong side hip mounted, drop leg or belt mounted holster;
- One or two point sling;
- Weapons maintenance and cleaning kit;
- Minimum of 5 serviceable carbine magazines;
- Minimum of 3 serviceable handgun magazines;
- Minimum of 700 to 800 rounds of .223 ammunition;
- Minimum of 300 rounds of 9mm ammunition;
- Sturdy belt with magazine carriers (if using belt holster and belt magazine carriers); or
- Molle padded belt, chest rig or plate carrier with magazine pouches.
Course cost: $340.00 + HST.
We try to limit courses to 12 students therefore bookings are on a first come first serve basis. In order to confirm your spot, full payment for the course must be made upon booking. We understand that people have busy lives and sometimes need to re-schedule. Therefore students who cancel or re-schedule a minimum of 72 hours prior to the start of a course will have a choice of either receiving a full refund or having a credit applied towards a future course. Students who cancel less than 72 hours prior to the start of the course will see a cancellation fee of $75.00 being taken from their course payment and the remainder of the funds will be refunded. Students who are no shows will not be refunded.
WGT Consulting reserves the right to cancel any course offered due to severe weather or unforeseen circumstances. If this happens, all students will receive a full refund or a credit applied to another class.
WGT Consulting and its instructors retain the right to deny instruction to any applicant without verbal or written notification of the reason for the denial. Denied applicants will receive notification of the denial and their tuition reimbursement in full.
If you do not have a firearm or equipment and you want to take a course, we do have a limited amount of firearms and equipment that are available for rent. Students, who wish to rent a firearm and/or equipment for the course, please contact us as soon as possible.
We carry .223 FMJ ammunition in our Pro Shop that is available for purchase. Students wishing to purchase ammunition for the course, please contact us.