Advanced Carbine Workshop
This Carbine workshop was created to give the shooter an outlet to practice and hone their skills. The day will not consist of any formal instruction as our customers are used to, rather it will be an action packed day of shooting drills designed to help you build upon what you have learned and to improve your knowledge and skills with a certified instructor at hand to provide feedback, assistance, and run the drills. Instructors will push you past your failure points in order to assist you with reaching the next level of excellence.
This is not a beginner course. Students attending this workshop will have completed Advanced Carbine 1 and 2 or a similar set of courses given by an accredited instructor from another reputable training company within one year of registering for this course.
Students will receive feedback on their progress throughout the workshop. A course certificate will be awarded upon successful completion of the qualification shoot at the end of the day.
- Hearing protection (mandatory);
- Wrap around eye protection (mandatory);
- Closed footwear shoes or boots (open toed shoes and sandals are not authorized);
- Clothing appropriate for the climate and conditions (shorts are not acceptable range attire);
- Rain gear readily available (recommended);
- Hydration system or water bottle (recommended);
- Ball hat or brimmed hat (optional);
- Sunscreen and insect repellent (optional);
- Lunch; and
This is a 1 day course commencing at 8:00 am and concluding at 6:00 pm.
- Serviceable AR platform based carbine with an optic and/or iron sights;
- Serviceable semi-automatic handgun;
- Serviceable strong side hip mounted, drop leg or belt mounted holster;
- One or two point sling;
- Weapons maintenance and cleaning kit;
- Minimum of 5 serviceable carbine magazines;
- Minimum of 3 serviceable handgun magazines;
- Minimum of 500 to 600 rounds of .223 ammunition
- Minimum of 200 rds of 9mm ammunition;
- Sturdy belt with magazine carriers (if using belt holster and belt magazine carriers); or
- Molle padded belt, chest rig or plate carrier with magazine pouches.
Course cost: $200.00 + HST.
We try to limit courses to 12 students therefore bookings are on a first come first serve basis. In order to confirm your spot, full payment for the course must be made upon booking. We understand that people have busy lives and sometimes need to re-schedule. Therefore students who cancel or re-schedule a minimum of 72 hours prior to the start of a course will have a choice of either receiving a full refund or having a credit applied towards a future course. Students who cancel less than 72 hours prior to the start of the course will see a cancellation fee of $75.00 being taken from their course payment and the remainder of the funds will be refunded. Students who are no shows will not be refunded.
WGT Consulting reserves the right to cancel any course offered due to severe weather or unforeseen circumstances. If this happens, all students will receive a full refund or a credit applied to another class.
WGT Consulting and its instructors retain the right to deny instruction to any applicant without verbal or written notification of the reason for the denial. Denied applicants will receive notification of the denial and their tuition reimbursement in full.
If you do not have a firearm or equipment and you want to take part in the workshop, we do have a limited amount of firearms and equipment that are available for rent. Students, who wish to rent a firearm and/or equipment for the workshop, please contact us as soon as possible.
We carry .223 FMJ and 9mm ammunition in our Pro Shop that is available for purchase. Students wishing to purchase ammunition for the course, please contact us.